A project of the French ANR (2020 Call)
The VPFlows project is funded by the
Agence Nationale de la Recherche, as part of the AAPG 2020 (PRC) program in the CE 46 panel “Numerical models, simulations, applications”.
Theme: Challenging the numerical simulation of viscoplastic flows: cross-comparison with physical experiments
Project's reference #
: it is a 48 months project
- Scientific start: Feb 1st, 2021
- End: Jan 31, 2025
- One PhD thesis in applied mathematics (possible start Sept 2021, call open until the position is filled)
- One PhD thesis in fluid mechanics (possible start Sept 2021, call open until the position is filled)
- A few "Master 2" thesis (possible start Feb-March 2021)
- Paul Vigneaux, Scientific Coordinator of VPFlows, UMPA (www)
- David Coulette, UMPA
- Guillaume Chambon, Scientific lead @ INRAE Grenoble (www)
- Hervé Bellot, INRAE Grenoble
- Pierre Saramito, Scientific lead @ LJK Grenoble (www)
- Franck Perignon, LJK Grenoble
- Pierre Philippe, Scientific lead @ INRAE Aix (www)
- Naim Chaouch, INRAE Aix
- ENS de Lyon, UMPA (www)
- INRAE Grenoble, ETNA (www)
- LJK Grenoble @ UGA (www)
- INRAE Aix, RECOVER (www)
This project originates form previous programs of the CNRS
- TELLUS - INSMI (2016)
- Infiniti program of the Mission for Interdisciplinarity, MITI (2017, 2018)
2020 12 16: Kick-off meeting at the ANR (visio) for CE 46 projects (5' each). VPFlows made its speed-dating.
2021 03 17: Kick-off meeting of VPFlows Project with all team members. Visioconference due to sanitary conditions. It's on.
All publications of the project will be available on the HAL Open Archive Repository.
The project will also provide a Data Management Plan (DMP) through Opidor. Coming soon
Related web sites:
Institut des Mathématiques pour la Planète Terre: a GIS of CNRS (launched March 2021).
GdR CNRS EGRIN: Gravitational flows and Natural hazards.